I have concentrated a lot on tutorials regarding makeup lately, so I thought that today, I would mix things up and share with you a recent nail art attempt of mine.
I don’t do nail art very often, but when I do, I keep things quite simple. Today I used these little confetti stars on the top of my nail. As you can see, it’s not perfect; I am a tad clumsy when it comes to painting my nails, and don’t have a lot of patience when it comes to waiting for them to dry. Luckily, the polishes that I used today dried pretty quickly.
So here is how I created this nail art.
- I used some Pink Nails Nail Confetti stars, Models Own Hyper Gel in Cornflower Gleam and their Hyper Gel Top Coat.
- I started off by painting my nails in the Cornflower Gleam colour. This took two coats to get a pretty opaque blue. I waited for these to dry.
- I then sprinkled out ten stars from the confetti pack onto a book.
- Using the top coat polish, I placed a small dot of this on each nail and a nail art tool. I picked up each star and placed it onto the wet clear polish on the nail. Once this was tacky I swept a quick top coat over the entire nail to set the confetti stars in place.
- Do wait for this to dry completely. I damaged two of my nails putting on a pair of sandals shortly before the picture was taken and ended up redoing these nails. Very frustrating!
So that is how I created the above nail art. What crafty things do you do with your nails?
Thanks for reading, and have a lovely day!