This year I’ve really been attempting to lose weight and get fitter. So far it seems to be working well.
However I do have a sweet tooth and love sugary treats every now and again. So I’ve had to find slightly healthier snacks that still satisfy the sugar craving monster in my stomach.
For some of my breakfasts I’ve been eating Banana pancakes. These are a gluten free recipe for American Style pancakes. I have tried a couple of variations of the recipe, and this one has been my favourite.
I love how these taste, and I love how easy they are to make.
1 tsp baking powder
Some sort of oil
- Smush the banana into a slightly lumpy puree.
- Whisk the eggs and the baking powder together then add the banana.
- Add the blueberries and mix together.
- Heat your pan with the oil, then add small amounts of the mixture to the pan.
- Cook each side for about a minute.
This recipe should make about four pancakes. So it’s ideal for one person. I tend to have mine with some sweetened natural yoghurt or a dash of honey… sometimes both if I’m feeling naughty.
What sweet treats have you been eating lately?
Have a nice day.