Hey, it’s okay to…
- Not be doing the job that you said that you would do at sixteen. Being an archaeologist would not have been the job for you.
- Not be friends with the popular kids. True friendship lasts at the end of the day so stick with who your real friends are. You’ll not see anyone else again after school.
- Still have your childhood favourite toy. Snowy went with me everywhere and is a major part of my childhood.
- Still go to your Mam and Dad when you’re upset. Sometimes you just need a cuddle.
- Not be married with kids at 21. This was always the plan but the right guy comes when he comes. Plans aren’t always realistic when you’re a teenager.
- Slowly pay off debt.
- Not make any use out of your degree.
Growing up, we learn the hard way that life is hard. However we get on with it one way or another. It’s all part of life.
I got this idea from Glamour. I love their It’s OK to…. posts. It has taken me so long to become a person that I can be proud of. It has been a hard journey at times, but it was a journey that I learned from. Although part of the journey has been heartbreaking, it has made me the woman that I am today.
Have a lovely day guys.